This 2018 hatch year Bald Eagle came into our care suffering from a wing abscess that had become so severe it could no longer fly. Upon further testing we also determined it had lead poisoning. We started it immediately on antibiotics for the abscess & chelation for the lead in its system. Within a few weeks it was ready to send home to Tulelake NWR. Our volunteers released the eagle February 16 within 1/2 mile of where it was originally found. Many thanks to the folks who reported the injured bird & to the USFW staff at Tulelake for transporting the bird to our facility.
Help Us Help Wildlife!
Your donations are safely handled through PayPal.
Donate to us via Venmo using [email protected]
Follow Us On…